…..HUMOR:Â Paraprosdokian sentences
A “paraprosdokian” is a figure of speech in which the latter part of a sentence or phrase is surprising or unexpected in a way that causes the reader or listener to reframe or reinterpret the first part. It is frequently used for humorous or dramatic effect.
- Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.
- I want to die peacefully in my sleep, like my grandfather. Not screaming and yelling like the passengers in his car.
- The last thing I want to do is hurt you. But it’s still on the list.
- Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.
- If I agreed with you, we’d both be wrong.
- The early bird might get the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese.
- Evening news is where they begin with “Good evening,” and then proceed to tell you why it isn’t.
- To steal ideas from one person is plagiarism. To steal from many is research.
- How is it one careless match can start a forest fire, but it takes a whole box to start a campfire?
- Dolphins are so smart that within a few weeks of captivity, they can train people to stand on the very edge of the pool and throw them fish.
- A bank is a place that will lend you money if you can prove that you don’t need it.
- Whenever I fill out an application, in the part that says “If an emergency, notify:” I put “DOCTOR.”
- Why does someone believe you when you say there are four billion stars, but check FOR HIMSELF when you say the paint is wet?
- Why do Americans choose from just two people to run for president and 50 for Miss America?
- Behind every successful man is his woman. Behind the fall of a successful man is usually another woman.
- A clear conscience is usually the sign of a bad memory.
- You do not need a parachute to skydive. You only need a parachute to skydive twice.
- The voices in my head may not be real, but they have some good ideas!
- Hospitality: making your guests feel like they’re at home, even if you wish they were.
- I discovered I scream the same way whether I’m about to be devoured by a great white shark or if a piece of seaweed touches my foot.
- There’s a fine line between cuddling and holding someone down so they can’t get away.
- I used to be indecisive. Now I’m not sure.
- When tempted to fight fire with fire, remember that the Fire Department usually uses water.
- A bus is a vehicle that runs twice as fast when you are after it as when you are in it.
- Change is inevitable, except from a vending machine..